Knowledge Universe oversees hundreds of childhood education centers and programmes across the country. The nature of its business requires a bottom-up approach to planning. The company also desired a performance salutation geared towards the main budget users: childcare center principals. Workday Adaptive Planning made financial reporting easy to create and understand, as well as enable a small FP&A department at the corporate level to produce monthly rolling forecasts and drive overall planning. In addition, Workday Adaptive Planning’ drill-down data capabilities applied to figures imported from NetSuite, the company’s ERP, and accounting system. Dashboards enable principals at childcare centers to run operations and drive business.
- Budget users lack financial background
- Desired bottom-up control in planning process to drive profitability
- Needed seamless source integration with NetSuite
- Efficient reporting led to greater understanding of financials
- Empowering principals at the childcare centers with the data to run business
- Enables small FP&A department to drive and design planning