Reliance on spreadsheets made accurate, consolidated budgeting and reporting increasingly difficult for BAI Communications and its growing business. Consequently, the finance team was spending too much time fixing broken links and consolidating cost centre data with very little time remaining to support the business with strategic analysis.With the help of GK Horizons, BAI Communications swapped spreadsheets for Workday Adaptive Planning and established a central chart of accounts as well as standardized planning and reporting across its cost centres. Budgets and reports are more reliable and accompanied by value-added insight to drive continued growth.
- Inefficient and error—prone reporting—Reporting data was manually entered into spreadsheets by multiple stakeholders, causing errors and broken links.
- Complex budgeting—Lack of a common planning tool made it difficult to standardize planning across cost centres and deliver an accurate, consolidated budget.
- Limted time for analysis—Time spent triple-checking and consolidating spreadsheets left the finance team with limited time for analysis to support decision-making.
- Fast and accurate reporting—With no more broken links and manual data entry, monthly reports are turned around two days faster and present an accurate view of the business.
- Streamlined budgeting—A shared planning tool allows for easier and consistent collection of data across cost centres to streamline consolidation of annual budgets.
- Increased insight—The finance team has more time to spend analyzing budgets and reports to help the business make data-driven decisions.