For Glu Mobile to continue its trajectory of growth, the mobile gaming company needed a global perspective of its finances. Its offices around the world deal with multiple currencies, and Excel and other on-premises solutions proved too complex for users and too limiting for worldwide forecasts. But the multi-currency consolidation and reporting in Workday Adaptive Planning software delivered forecasts on a global scale. Robust reporting elevated the financial processes, which in turn transformed the Glu Mobile finance team into a business partner who now guides the company towards its goals.
- Financial data on multiple spreadsheets discourages single version of truth
- Needed financial management solution that translates between financial and non-financial users
- Other forecast applications did not provide right mix of value, including implementation speed and usability
- Visibility into data gives an increased sense of budget ownership among business partners
- Global scale forecasting using the multi-currency functionality
- Executives can use financial reporting tools and obtain their own insights for decision-making