Even though Excel spreadsheets met the financial management needs for upscale grocer, Lunds, the retailer found it challenging to maintain, reformat, and reconfigure data. Workday Adaptive Planning, delivered the flexible and intuitive solution they required to accelerate planning and fuel momentum. With Workday Adaptive Planning, store general managers had relevant information at their fingertips instead of browsing through spreadsheet tabs. More efficient reporting processes ultimately slashed the monthly close down from one week to mere minutes, which led to faster forecasting. and the finance team helping drive overall business strategy.
- Reformatting and reconfiguring in Excel required a lot of maintenance
- Difficulty tracking the impact of four different union group employee pay levels
- Lengthy monthly close process
- Real-time capabilities sped up reporting processes
- Users can easily view the impact of changing union contracts by modifying one item in a single cell
- Monthly closing process went down from a week to minutes