Operations and finance teams gain greater control and flexibility with Workday Adaptive Planning
The University of Edinburgh is one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world, attracting students and visitors from around the globe. Its Accommodation, Catering and Events (ACE) team offers these stakeholders and staff a wide-range of services, making budgeting, forecasting and reporting complex. Swapping spreadsheets for Workday Adaptive Planning has helped ACE to simplify these processes while helping it make smart decisions faster.
- Budgeting was a time-consuming process which involved linking together multiple spreadsheets, checking and re-checking numbers
- It was difficult to model and plan for different scenarios or prepare detailed reports
- Finance had limited time to analyse or benchmark performance
- Budgeting and forecasting is easier and more comprehensive, providing more time for analysis and reporting
- Finance and operations are able to model different scenarios, improving agility
- Finance has saved more than 900 hours annually on budgeting, forecasting and reporting