Western Container has long served as a premier bottler of Coca-Cola refreshments, but adjusting to changing business needs required a refresh of its outdated financial management system. The company turned to Workday Adaptive Planning to resolve budgeting discrepancies. Then the company realized that Workday Adaptive Planning can do much more. Calculating expenses, analyzing historical data, and forecasting finances of its growing plant locations took minutes instead of weeks. With strategic insight into production costs, Western Container stays competitive in the beverage industry.
- Calculating bottling and plant production costs in spreadsheets took weeks
- Sharing reports through email lacked assurance of accuracy and timeliness of the data
- Collaboration and data gathering among plant locations that rolled up to the corporate level
- Simplified reporting
- Increased integrity of data improved cost analysis, helped identify opportunities to lower production and unit costs
- Improved budget input, ownership, and collaboration among departments